Monday 2 January 2012

What a Fantastic Year 2011 Has Been!



Looking at 2011, it really has been a fantastic year with so many memories and achievements!

The year began with the start of our final major project in January, followed by me and some of my friends going to Paris to the Premier Vision Trade Show. Having been before we knew it was going to be a great experience and we also got chance to display our work.

During the last few month of uni we finished our final major project and began planning our degree show- 9th June 2011. It was such a fab evening with everyone displaying all their hard work! Well done Class of 2011!

In July, I was lucky enough to be selected for New Designers 2011 with 13 other students from our year. So we spent the week in London. From returning to London, I moved back to Bridlington. It was sad to leave my life in Hartlepool behind after three years. I have made lots of memories and many friends who I still miss lots each day!

Time seem to go very fast and next thing me and miss Anni Cranston set off to spend a month in Tanzania teaching. This has had to be one of the best experiences in my life, and I couldn't of shared it with a nicer person! If I got the chance I would go back tomorrow. I hope to some point in my life, and would like to say thank you again to people who sponsored us for this trip. It definitely made me a stronger person and really opened up your eyes to how different things are in England.

In September I became an auntie to a beautiful little boy called Austin. He is gorgeous! And also visited the East Riding College on a few occasions to talk about my work and surface design.

October, I began printing away again my tote bag designs for the CCAD- The Folio Shop where they have been for sale from mid November. This was really exciting and great opportunity for me to sell my work.

November, well! I got to see everyone again for our proudest moment of the year! Graduation! I officially graduated with a degree in Textiles and Surface Design with First Class Honours! Never felt so proud of myself and my friends. All the hard work at the beginning of the year paid off.

So, so many memories and achievements I am very proud of. I love my friends and family and hope we share just as much if not more exciting times this year.

Lots of Love and Best Wishes to you all. Xx


1 comment:

  1. You certainly did have a well deserve, brilliant year. Hope 2012 will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete