Wednesday 19 September 2012

Exhibition @ The Alex May Gallery, September!



This month I have had the exciting opportunity to exhibit my work at The Alex May Gallery in Bridlington. Working in the Gallery has been a great experience. It has been inspiring to share and discuss my own work with the other artists involved and meeting visitors with a love of art.

At the Gallery there is a selection of 6 artists including myself showing. Even though there is only a few of us, there is a great variety of work being exhibited which include textiles, painting, jewellery making, mix media art, and small sculptural art.

If you follow me on my facebook and twitter you may have seen me chatting about getting some prints done. These are now ready and having their debut for sale in The Alex May Gallery. Below is a little peak of these. The Alex May Gallery is based in the Historic Old Town of Bridlington. It is such beautiful location.




You can see a selection of my work and other artists in the window display. We have tried to capture a dark and mysterious theme with two of my dark toned printed lengths and one of Kate Jordan's beautiful paintings. 




We have the stunning work of two local artists. Leanne Broadbent is a mixed media artist who produces quirky narrative canvas' and prints based on children's literature.
Kate Jordan is also another fine artist who produces both figurative and expressive paintings. Her influences are books, fairy tales and her imagination. 



We also have photographer Keith Bruce a local landscape photographer, and Maybelle Rose who produces tiny little paintings inside nutshells. 



Here are three of my furnishing lengths I am exhibiting from my final collection from University last year. I still love them and it's great to get some feedback from people who've never seen them before.



The Gallery will be Open next weekend also 11am-4pm. If your in Bridlington please pop by and say Hello!
We are also hoping to be open in October. I will keep you informed of these dates as they come. 

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL POST! HOPE IT GOES WELL AND YOU GET LOTS OF FEEDBACK!YOUR WORK ALWAYS LOOKS FANTASTIC EVEN ONE YEAR ON. CHERYLL X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks great Lauren. I really admire you for getting on with it and moving forward. I feel very stuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, Thank you! You must keep at it! Don't get stuck just draw! Get to print club and it will be fine! X

      Delete