Monday 4 March 2013

A Review of February!


Well, can you believe it, we're in March already! February was a quick but exciting month. So incase you missed any posts or news I thought I'd sum it up in a blog post for you :)

This month started with finishing a little commission I had been working on. This was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the hand embroidery.




Next... was my trip to visit The Old Grammar School Gallery in Otley, near Leeds. They are the first of my fantastic new stockists this year! The gallery is newly opened and has a monthly market at the end of each month! I am very excited to have my work there.




I was then excited to be interviewed for the Sunday Spotlight Post on the Blog: My Casita! The questions were fantastic. I always find it hard to talk about myself and my work so this was a great opportunity to have a go.



You may of heard about my Mr Mouse being in a competition with Bridlington's Priory 900 festival this year. The winner was announced and I was featured in our local weekly paper called the Bridlington Free Press. This was very exciting. 


I also have another stockist for my Tote Bags... The Joe Cornish Gallery in Northallerton, North Yorkshire. This is such a beautiful Gallery. Joe Cornish's work is simply stunning! Another Gallery in Yorkshire worth visiting. 


Then regards to drawing I began a new design featuring my foxglove image. I am really excited and love this design. I'm eager to get this on a screen ready to start printing in March. Although it is my Birthday this month so I have lots planned. :) I also now have 3 craft fairs booked for this summer, Bridlington, York and Hornsea! 



Finally, (I think) I was asked to draw Sandy the rabbit for my friend Amy Rudd. He was beautiful to draw. Super cute! I love drawing but thoroughly enjoyed drawing Sandy. His fur was so interesting to capture. What do you think? 


I will be producing a blog post about him from start to finish :) 

Well, I think thats all for now. I have also opened my Etsy shop but it needs more items adding. So just keep a look out :) 


I wonder what March will bring...



No comments:

Post a Comment