Friday 29 March 2013

The Biscuit Factory, Newcastle.



I have seen The Biscuit factory on Facebook and always wanted to visit so.. whilst I was in Newcastle I got myself there! It is such a clean and beautiful gallery. It was great to see new upcoming artists work showcased around the gallery and in its shop. 






These bold paintings caught our eye by James Stewart. As I love to draw animals myself it was great to see these. I normally draw on a small scale so I was completely amazed by the scale of these. I love his series of Zebra paintings they reminded me of the work of Andy Warhol. 



Next to The Biscuit Factory is a studio space in which two of my close friends from the class of 2011 at CCAD have. I was very excited to visit their space but also very jealous as I miss us three getting up to mischief at Uni. But... it was great to see them and their work after uni. Here is one of their work bays. 



No comments:

Post a Comment