Sunday 30 June 2013

Fashion and Textiles Exhibition at East Riding College



On Tuesday I went to the opening of the Level 3 BTEC Fashion and Clothing exhibition. I was very sad this year due to my work commitments I was unfortunate to get to CCAD's end of year show or New Designers. So, I was definitely going to try attend this one on my doorstep. I was very excited and thought I would share with you some of the students work. 


As I love drawing wildlife, the work of Jess Pickering caught my eye straight away as I entered the room. Her drawing is absolutely stunning. I love how she combines her graphic style with fabric manipulation. Her butterfly illustrations looked extremely life like I thought one might love if I touched it.



Along with some excellent drawing there was some amazing sewing skills at hand. I have previously tried to make a corset at college on my foundation year so can appreciate how hard and complex it is. This piece above, is by Elizabeth Shipley. The execution of the piece was extremely professional. I was very impressed. 



Another great piece was this corset by Charlotte Valerie Smith. I was very impressed with some of the standard of work of these students. It certainly made me want to go back to Uni. I would love to go back if I could. I think they might notice me though making a mess in the print room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment