Wednesday 31 July 2013

From Yorkshire with Love!



This weekend I spent it at the lovely heart of Yorkshire (well I'd say it is) at the city of York. It is such a beautiful city and the historic Merchant Hall itself was beautiful alone without any of our stalls in there. 


When I had got all set up I had a brief little walk around the building before doors opened. It was another one of our sunny summer days. I was slightly worried we might get some thunder showers. 



The atmosphere in the building was completely different to the last two events I have recently done. The event had a more vintage feel with live singers in the afternoon to serenade us. 


My little ladder with my totes on :)


Here we have my little stall. I have got into a little routine with my stall and organising where everything goes. I hope this is a good thing. I am planning to change it all around for my Christmas events. (Soon to be announced) Mr Duck seemed to be catching everyones eyes on Sunday. He certainly was Mr Popular. 


What I also love about doing these events is meeting other stall holders and the lovely public. Two people I got to have a natter with on the day is a new company called "Clean Slate" who was established this year in March. I fell in love with their hand crafted heart cake stand. I am sure I will have to use it on my stall to display something at one event. It is simply gorgeous. 


Another lovely face to see was Teacup Tweed. I first was introduced to the lovely Lizzie last Christmas as the Designers Marketplace and have followed her progress since. Teacup Tweed produce gorgeous furnishings for the home made in North Yorkshire but with a Scottish Heart.
You can find their Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TeacupTweed


From Yorkshire with Love was such a great event. I definitely had a fantastic time. For their future events you can check out their Website here: http://madelocallywithlove.co.uk/from-yorkshire-with-love-craft-fair/

They took some lovely photo's of the event which can be viewed here by Todd and Moore: 

I would just like to say a big well done to the From Yorkshire with Love Team! 


3 comments:

  1. It was really good to catch up on Sunday Lauren. I really admire you for not losing the motivation like I have. Keep going you're heading in the right direction. Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Joy it was lovely to see you. I love keeping in touch with you all. Thank you for stopping by. Get drawing and I'm sure it will all come back :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you're right. I like the royal photos. Mark's Mum would have loved all that. She was quite a royalist.

    ReplyDelete