Monday 9 September 2013

Busy Busy Bee!



Hello everyone! Well we are into September! Eeek! I feel like I have so much to do in order to get ready for Christmas. I have recently left one of my three part time jobs I had for Summer. I was a bit tired but so excited to get on with some more creative work and giving all my spare energy into Lauren Cherice Designs. I do not know how I managed to have three jobs and my own business. Definitely deserve some drawing time! 

So... what better way than to start with some drawings. This week I did this quick little sketch of some boxing hares. I wasn't sure how they would turn out as I have never drawn anything with movement in before. I don't think they have turned out too bad. Maybe not as detailed as some of my other drawings. 


I have also been think about it being Christmas in the coming months, therefore I drew this robin. I have drawn a robin before but he looked rather angry and he didn't have much character to him. I am more pleased with this second attempt. I added a little colour to his chest to make him a full robin red breast :)


I have also been thinking about new repeat designs. This little arrangement is also a tote bag idea. The image above shows the work in progress but the design is coming together. I shall keep you posted!


Finally, meet my Penguin friend. Unfortunately in this picture he doesn't have any feet yet but I can assure you he does! Mr Penguin will be one of my new designs for Christmas 2013 but will also join his friends Mr Duck and Mr Owl by being in my Giclee print collection. I am also quite please with how he has turned out. I've certainly got the drawing bug at the moment... what shall I draw next!

All Images Copyright to Lauren Cherice Designs 2013.

Don't forget you can follow me on my Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/laurenchericedesign or on Twitter at @Lauren Cherice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment