Tuesday 10 September 2013

#TALKT


Hello,

I thought I would share with you today #TALKT on twitter which stands for 'Take A Look Tuesday"

It is such a great idea for artists, designers and creatives to share their work on twitter and communicate.

Threw various networking sites I have met some lovely new people along the way. I thought I would introduce a few to you today!


Firstly, I introduce you to Little Pip Designs. Little Pip creates beautiful handmade textiles for home and accessories. One particular favourite of mine is her popular appliqué Robin, he is just too cute! I love following their work. 
Please check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/littlepipdesigns and their shop here:



Next I would like to introduce you to Samantha Grig. I first came across Samantha's work via twitter and we have been chatting ever since. We most recently both met up at a craft fair which was lovely to meet Samantha and her work in person. Samantha produces beautiful knitted accessories all made out of 100% British wool! I certainly have my eyes on a couple of her hats! Especially as we are getting into winter! It's freezing! 
You can find Samantha Grigg on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/samanthasTextiles
Also her Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SamanthaGrig



Next up is Ballistic Owl by my friend Tracy Bidwell from Cleveland College of Art and Design. I love following Tracy's work since University. Like me Tracy has chosen to continue her love for screen printing and embroidery by developing her own business. We will both be reunited next Tuesday at CCAD for the freshers event as we both have a little stall :)


I would also like to introduce you to the work of Maggie Goodwin. I firstly found Maggie and her work via Twitter. As another Yorkshire artist we both regularly interact in #Northeasthour and #Yorkshirehour. Maggie draws a beautiful selection of wildlife, flowers and landscapes. She is also a fellow printer using methods such as lino cutting. 

You can find Maggie's Etsy shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/printsbymaggieg


Onto... Funky Wombat Textiles! I also came across Tamara and her company via twitter. When I first started chatting to Tamara (owner) I was fascinated how we nearly crossed paths in the past by both completing an internship in Glasgow with company Timorous Beasties. We just missed each other by weeks! I absolutely love Funky Wombats work. I can see how in both our styles how our internship has inspired and motivated us. We now follow each other on various networking sites and I love following their progress! You can find their website here: http://funkywombattextiles.com


Finally, we have the lovely Hannah Byatt. Hannah is a keen blogger and designer. Again we met threw twitter and both are now also in communication with Tamara of Funky Wombat Textiles. Hannah is fantastic at blogging, if you ever need some inspirational reading she has it! She is also great at finding inspirational quotes! You can find her blog here: http://hannahbyatt.blogspot.co.uk

Well there we have a few introductions. I could go on forever as I have met so many interesting and creative people. So please join in with #TALKT on twitter on a Tuesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment